Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Further Delays

It seems a persnickety sea water pump and a disgruntled seaman have resulted in a further delay until Thursday morning.

Following our 0830 departure, we will conduct emergency and dive safety drills enroute to two sites off Rabbit Island, windward Oahu. We will conduct two Rapid Ecological Assessment surveys, towed diver surveys, and oceanographic surveys that afternoon prior to all boats coming back aboard by 1700. At that point, we will examine the latest weather forecast (position and strength of Daniel) and determine next operating sites. Based on present forecast, we may conduct one day of operations off Kauai (prior to storm passage) and then maneuver around the storm to east side of Big Island to recommence operations to take advantage of lighter winds in the lee of the storm.


Post a Comment

<< Home